The Decision of Life: God Offers Eternal Life to You
LET’S REVIEW SOME HISTORICAL FACTS:
There is an everlasting God who is both powerful and merciful. He made the world and everything in it. Man is unique because he is made in the image of God. Man has an eternal spirit and was created to know God, love Him, and worship him. God also created angels. The most beautiful angel was Lucifer, who made a terrible choice. He became proud and wanted to be like God. Lucifer, known today as Satan, was cast out of heaven for his rebellion. God promised to punish Satan in hell for his sin. Today, we will learn what happens to people who rebel against God.
1. Satan deceived Eve in the Garden, and Adam disobeyed God’s command by eating the forbidden fruit. What entered world when man sinned? ________________
Romans 5:12 - Wherefore, as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
2. Who has sinned? __________ A sinner is a person who willfully disobeys God’s commands. He chooses self-rule instead of being God-ruled. He lives without God.
Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
3. What way has every person chosen to go? _____________ We have all rebelled against God.
Isaiah 53:6 - All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity [sin] of us all.
4. What is the wages (payment) for our sin against God? _________
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin isdeath;
5. Every man must die _______ time then face ________________.
Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
6. After the judgment, sinners will be cast into the lake of _______.
Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
7. What did God do because of His love for the world? ________________________________________
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
8. How did God prove his love to sinful men? _________________
Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9. What gift does God offer through Jesus Christ? ______________
Romans 6:23 - ... the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
10. How do we get this gift of God? _________________________
Ephesians 2:8,9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast.
11. A gift requires a payment. The forgiveness of sin requires the shedding of __________.
Hebrews 9:22 - And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission (forgiveness).
12. Whose blood was shed for the cleansing of sin? ____________
I John 1:7 - ... the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
13. John the Baptist declared that Jesus was the Lamb of God who came for what purpose? _____________ John 1:29 - The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
This is the meaning of the “substitute Lamb”. Jesus died in our place to pay for our sin.
14. What power did Jesus say he had? ______________________________________
John 10:17,18 - Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
15. What happened after Christ died on the cross and was buried? _________________________
I Corinthians 15:3,4 - For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
The resurrection of Christ shows His power over death and His ability to give us eternal life!
YOUR DECISION: Will it be YOUR way or GOD’S way?
16. Why do many trust their own righteousness? _____________________________________
Romans 10:3,4 - For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
17. What is the destination of man’s own way? ______________________
Proverbs 16:25 - There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
18. How many mediators are there between God and man? ___________
I Timothy 2:5 - For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
19. What is the only way to come to the Father? ______________
John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
20. What does God say needs to occur if our sins will be blotted out? (Acts 3:19) ____________
Acts 3:19 - Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
God wants us to change our mind about our sinful ways and turn from them. This is what it means to repent. He wants us to reject trusting anything other than Christ. Idolatry is putting something before God, including your dependence on good works and religious practices.
21. What did the people turn from when they served the true God? ___________________
I Thessalonians 1:9b - ...ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;
22. What is necessary for salvation along with repentance? _________________________
Acts 20:21 - Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Faith is accepting the fact that Jesus’ death and resurrection is enough to save you. Repentance and faith are required for a person to possess the truth.
23. What two things did Jesus say are necessary for a person to have everlasting life?
a.__________________________________ b. _________________________________
John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
A true believer is one who is fully persuaded of the truths of the Gospel, yields his will and affections, accompanied with a humble reliance on Christ for salvation.
23. What happens to the person who receives Christ by believing on Him________________________
John 1:12 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
24. What does God do for the person who is in Christ? __________
II Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
25. Who does God promise to save? _________________________
Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
YOU MAY PRAY TO GOD RIGHT NOW:
Dear God in Heaven, I admit that I am a sinner and helpless to change myself. I believe what I have heard from the Bible is true. I believe Jesus died for my sins and rose again to give me eternal life. I now receive your forgiveness that you offer. Come into my life as my Saviour and Lord. Amen.
Jesus said “Ye must be born again…of the Spirit”. This is the new birth into God’s family. We are restored in our relationship to God and are fulfilled as a person. We no longer are dead in our sins, but are made alive spiritually. Now we are complete in Christ.