In the last lesson, we learned that God created all things, spiritual and physical. Man was created to have dominion over all the earth. God made woman from man’s rib. Together they lived in a beautiful Garden called Eden.
1. In Heaven, the most beautiful angel named Lucifer, wanted to be like the _______ _______. (Isaiah 14:12-14) God could not allow this pride and rebellion and cast Lucifer out of heaven. Many other angels followed Lucifer. These fallen angels are known as demons and do evil in the world today. They do not bring peace, but instead they make people afraid.
Isaiah 14:12-14 -How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart,
13 I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
2. What did one of these devils do to the girl in Matthew 15:22? __________________
Matthew 15:22 - And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
3. Lucifer also was found in the garden of God called _________. He had been perfect until ______________was found in him. (Ezekiel 28:13-15)
Ezekiel 28:13-15 - Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
In the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve enjoyed daily fellowship with God. One day, Eve was alone by the tree of knowledge of good and evil. She knew God said not to eat from it.
4. What creature spoke to Eve? ____________. (Genesis 3:1-4) Lucifer, also known as the devil, was using the snake to tempt Eve.
Genesis 3:1-4 - Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5. The serpent said that if they ate the fruit, they would be as _______, knowing both good and evil. (Genesis 3:5) This appealed to Eve’s pride, and she took the fruit.
Genesis 3:5 - For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6. After taking a bite, she shared the fruit with whom? ________________ (Genesis 3:6-7)
Genesis 3:6,7 - And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Adam knew he shouldn’t take the fruit, but ate of it anyway. Their eyes were opened and they were ashamed, realizing they were naked.
7. Genesis 3:8 – What did Adam and Eve do when they heard God’s voice?______
Genesis 3:8 - And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
8. Genesis 3:9,10 – Why did Adam say he and Eve hid from God? _____________________
Genesis 3:9,10 - And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Because Adam and Eve had rebelled against God’s authority, they were now ashamed.
Consequences of Sin
9. God told the serpent that he would be cursed above all animals and would have to go on its belly and eat _________ all its life. (Genesis 3:14-15)
Genesis 3:14,15 -And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
10. The woman would have to bring forth children with much _________. (Genesis 3:16)
Genesis 3:16 - Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
11. The ground was cursed and would bring forth thorns and thistles. Man would sweat to earn food, and eventually would return to __________. (Genesis 3:17-19)
Genesis 3:17-19 - And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
12. How did Adam’s sin affect all of the human race? (Romans 5:12)_____________________
Romans 5:12 - Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13. What are the wages of sin? _____________ (Romans 6:23)
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
*Note: Because Adam and Eve had disobeyed God’s command, everything was brought under a curse. Their sin had brought death and separation from God: their relationship would never be the same. Although Adam and Eve did not die physically on the day they ate the forbidden fruit, they experienced spiritual death. Several years later, their bodies would also die.
14. What did God make to clothe Adam and Eve? (Genesis 3:21) _______________________
Genesis 3:21 - Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
Instead of killing Adam and Eve, God killed an animal in their place.
15. They had tried to cover themselves with aprons of ____________? (Genesis 3:7)
Genesis 3:7 – And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that theywere naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
We see from the very beginning, the first man and woman had done wrong against God. They had gone against God’s authority. They realized their guilt and shame and attempted to cover it up. People today know they have done wrong against God, but attempt to make peace with God their own way. But it is impossible to make ourselves right with God.
16. After driving Adam and Eve out of the garden, who did God place to guard the tree of life? (Genesis 3:22-24) ________________
Genesis 3:22-24 - And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
In today's lesson, what did you learn about God?
In today's lesson, what did you learn about man?
Memory Verse: For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.